This is an additional feature.
more than 1 hour
1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- Combine rice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Cut tops off peppers, seed insides, and arrange peppers in a large baking dish. Chop usable portion of the tops.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chopped peppers and onions in oil until soft. Stir in textured vegetable protein and parsley. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Mix in cooked rice and 1 1/5 cups tomato sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the peppers, and top each with remaining tomato sauce.
- Cover, and bake about 45 minutes. Uncover, top each pepper with mozzarella cheese, and bake until cheese is melted.